• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

What Anime Are You Watching Now?

Reaction score
What do you think of that show? I find it pretty awful (although Moroha is adorable).

I don't mind the lack of emphasis on the old characters. I mean, they had like 200 episodes already. I don't need to know what Inuyasha/Kagome/Sesshomaru are all up to. But nothing seems to be really happening in this show. It's basic, villain-of-the-week stuff.

Unrelated, Promised Neverland season 2 is currently airing. Been looking forward to that one.
It is ok, not what I expected but I love Moroha and Setsuna. I need to know what happened to InuYasha and Kagome

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently watching The Promisend Neverland Season 2 and Jujutsu Kaisen. Previously, I've watched the 3rd season of Golden Kamuy.

Reaction score
I'm currently watching The Promisend Neverland Season 2 and Jujutsu Kaisen. Previously, I've watched the 3rd season of Golden Kamuy.
I just saw that Jujutsu Kaisen was Netflix's most popular anime for 2020. Kind of shocked me because I had never even heard of it haha. Must at least be decent.

It is ok, not what I expected but I love Moroha and Setsuna. I need to know what happened to InuYasha and Kagome
It's been so hit-or-miss. A lot of strange inconsistencies (why is Setsuna reacting to a cell phone like its' some freakish magic when she lived in the modern world for a while earlier in the series?) and just seems rife with lazy writing and lack of plot.

Although this week's episode gave us something that at least resembled a plot. I'm not sure what the long term plan is for this series (is the first 26 episodes supposed to be self-contained?) but the world-building was very poorly done. Not a lot of character growth or cast expansion, which is what I like to see in a slow burn show. But hopefully it starts to pick up now. Can't rely on Moroha forever.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
I just saw that Jujutsu Kaisen was Netflix's most popular anime for 2020. Kind of shocked me because I had never even heard of it haha. Must at least be decent.
It's more than decent. It's carefully made, with well-animated sequences when it counts the most (meaning the fights, because it's a battle oriented story). The story and the characters are quite cool, with a unique charm. The anime was so well-made that it gave the manga a considerable sales boost.