• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

The Obscure Indie James Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Basically, I wanted to see what people's knowledge and in the know people are when it comes to indie.

I was introduced to indie back in 2007 and got really into it in 2009-12 when the curve for good, talented and obscure music came and went down and got pretty bland and tough to come across and find actually talented artists. Not those annoying main stream awful artists that all completely come and sound the same.

The artists I talk about are these. Anyone think they can recognize any of them?

Cursive, Bright Eyes, Portugal. the Man, Arcade Fire, Beirut, Fleet Foxes, Real Estate, Titus Andronicus, Vampire Weekend, The Strokes, The Black Keys, The xx, Brand New, Say Anything, Dirty Projectors, The Shins, SWANS, Modest Mouse, Dismemberment Plan, Passion Pit, Pattern is Movement, Helio Sequence, Broken Social Scene, Sufjan Stevens, Elliot Smith, M. Ward, Kevin Devine, Bon Iver, The National, Mellowdrone, St. Vincent, Deerhoof, Pedro the Lion, Low, Animal Collective, of Montreal, Off Minor, GOSPEL, Death, Deathcab for Cutie, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Mono, Jakob, etc.

Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.