• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

One Piece Chapters Discussion Thread Version 2

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah yes, the entire volume is actually out.

How do you feel about the theory going around that Sasaki is Kokoro's son?
I haven't been following the OP theories for quite some time now, so I wasn't even aware there was a theory that Sasaki is Kokoro's son. But, I suppose it would be very interesting to find out that it's true. As we've seen with Yamato, not all children follow in the footsteps of their parents.

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
Chapter 991

There it is, Hacha's got the number 8 tattooed on his abdomen and my god look at him lift Jaki up like he's a pile of laundry!! Nangi's tattoo isn't visible despite us having a clear view of his right side as he's lying among the fallen minks, which may be an oversight, or it could possibly be because he wears his furry dress higher than the rest? Idk. Anyway, Goki is confirmed to be Goki, which figures and Apoo confirms there are 10 of them, which is another thing I'm glad they finally came out and said. Speaking of which, there's a fourth silhouette in Apoo's memory that is either the snake-necked Number that appeared alongside Jaki in their silhouetted debut OR the 9th of the 10 numbers. I'm leaning towards the latter because the snake-necked one has properly curved horns like Jaki and these ones start pointing the other way at the tip.

Jinbe's hypocrisy annoys me. He's the last person who should be pointing fingers and saying they can't trust people who switch sides so easily, as if he doesn't understand what it's like to be part of a Yonko's crew against your best wishes. Rules for thee but not for me, apparently. Even if he's referring to Drake "leaving" the marines to become a pirate, Jinbe was a shichibukai not too long ago and betrayed the WG for his own reasons in the same way. I suppose this is the Yakuza paradox - you talk about honour but you still commit dishonourable things so long as it's beneficial for you and yours.

Kaido protecting Jack was <3. If Jack didn't use Koro in Zou I feel like he could've been one of those fan-favourite, redeemable characters like Crocodile or Buggy, which is a shame, but I have a soft spot for him all the same. He tries his best and goes all out despite being disrespected and looked down on by nearly everybody, so Kaido acknowledging and appreciating his efforts is very touching in my opinion. Hopefully he can recover enough stamina to come back in hybrid form and take on whoever manages to make it up to the dome to help the samurai by that time.

Last edited:

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Chapter 991 "Let Us Die!!"

Another good chapter!

~ Pound finally had a chance to hug Lola and Chiffon; after 26 years! Whatever you think of him surviving after the Tottoland arc, this was an emotional moment.

~ It's hilarious how easily Luffy accepts people into his alliance. Zoro being warry of X-Drake is understandable; he's the 2nd in command, but it wasn't until your post @darkeningcloud that it occured to me that Jinbei may not be the right person to call X-Drake out for switching alliances. I'm eagerly waiting to see X-Drake's motivation. It's fun that he eventually teamed up with Zoro against Apoo, so it's such a shame that Queen interrupted them (though in grand fashion). Are those seki-seki bullets he used?

~ God Usopp strikes again - such an effective surprise attack on Page One (Pay-Pay is such a catchy nickname) followed by an immaculate impersonation of Nami! I hope this tag-team battle doesn't happen off-panel although everything points out towards such development.

~ The Numbers really are children, aren't they? Haccha is fascinated with Franky, mistaking him for a toy afterall.

~ I also like the way Kaido talked to Jack. Jack is only 28 from what I saw. Sure, we've seen awesomely powerful individuals younger or around 20 years old (many of them in Luffy's crew), but I presume that among the Beast Pirates top brass, and not county Ulti and Page One, he's the youngest. Despite the competition and promotion based on strength among Beast Pirates, there's a lot of camaraderie, at least from Kaido's side. (Thinking about it now, that may be his downfall considering the shaky relations between commanders behind the scenes.)

~ Inuarashi and Nekomamushi's Sulong forms are spectacular - too bad the fight took place off-panel. I understand that Oda is focused on moving the plot forward, but I the (individual) battles were a bit more fleshed out.

~ The Retainers, having waited so long, once again proclaim what lies on their souls. It's interesting how intense their feelings are, practically on the same level and yet, for some of them it's been weeks since Oden has died while for others it's been 2 decades. They're badass.

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
Are those seki-seki bullets he used?
It's implied he's using Ekisai Bullets from Drake's and the wounded guy's reactions, which leads me to believe Luffy will charge in to fight Queen mano e mano to keep him occupied and reduce the casualties to a minimum. The dude's already developed anti-bodies towards Ekisai from being infected, then cured, in Udon on top of being bullet-proof thanks to his rubber body so I can't imagine a better match-up for Queen right now.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
It's implied he's using Ekisai Bullets from Drake's and the wounded guy's reactions, which leads me to believe Luffy will charge in to fight Queen mano e mano to keep him occupied and reduce the casualties to a minimum. The dude's already developed anti-bodies towards Ekisai from being infected, then cured, in Udon on top of being bullet-proof thanks to his rubber body so I can't imagine a better match-up for Queen right now.
If that's so, than the situation just became even messier. Those are nasty bullets and I never liked what they brought to the story. Queen is a Calamity/All Star for a reason, so handling him requires a joint effort. Perhaps Brook will step in because those bullets can do him no harm?! I can't see any other big player handling Queen now that the bullets are in the game; nobody but Luffy and Brook may be immune.

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
Perhaps Brook will step in because those bullets can do him no harm?! I can't see any other big player handling Queen now that the bullets are in the game; nobody but Luffy and Brook may be immune.
Great point! He's pretty nimble and can seemingly freeze his opponents as well so he'd be an excellent choice when fighting large creatures with a knack for mechanics. I wonder if they'll get along to some degree because of their love of music? This saddens me Soul King, I'm your biggest fan.

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks, he seemed pretty enthusiastic about hitting chapter 1,000 by the end of this year as well. I hope he's not pulling a Kubo and refusing to eat properly or exercise. He barely sleeps as it is :/

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Gohara at all?
I have nothing new to say other than what's already been posted in the "What happened to Gohara?" thread. He is most probably busy with real life and has no time for this or any other forum. The last time he posted on Naruto Forums was in July, but I'm not on that forum and have no way of contacting him.