• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Nanatsu no Taizai (General Discussion Thread)

Kyo

Reaction score

In this thread, we discuss about the awesome ongoing shonen series which is known as Nanatsu no Taizai/The Seven Deadly Sins by Suzuki Nakaba (author of the manga Kongou Banchou, if you know it).

This thread can be about the manga and anime version as well.

Plot

The "Seven Deadly Sins", a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live.

Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and assassinated the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom.

Elizabeth, the king's daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins", and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

It has 103 chapters, so far.

The anime is gonna have 24 episodes and about 7 episodes have been released so far too.

Discuss. :chu

Attachments

Last edited:

Bihari

I’m back !
Reaction score
No one reads Seven Deadly Sins on BMA ?

Well,

The HYPE is REAL. I repeat. THE HYPE IS REAL

THE "CHARITY" vs "THE PRIDE"

Escanor is badass

So far,
Escanor - 4
Ten Commandments - 0

Not surprised that Mel is the son of Demon king and a crown prince. Waiting Patiently for Mel to recover his true demon power.

Last edited:

Rouge Slayer

Skirt Chaser & Nap Lover
Reaction score
Escanor straight up went 100 on him. Too much hype in that staredown.

Tom2rules

Judgement of the Dead
Reaction score
Ooooh, time to release the power of the mustache! Go kick his ass Escanor!

You've already handed the asses to four of the Commandments on three separate occasions. We got a big dumb statue (wonder if we'll see him ever again), a toasty corpse, and a giant/fairy getting their asses wrecked.

Why not one more?

Bihari

I’m back !
Reaction score
He is One-punch Sun.
Apparently, he can launch sun from his fists.
and that pose attack...

Reaction score
Out of the Mangas/Animes that I had yet to read/watch, two of some of the most recommended series were Nanatsu No Taizai and Boku No Hero Academia. Having caught up on Boku No Hero Academia I started reading/watching Nanatsu No Taizai, and so far the series is pretty good. I think that I will like the series a lot. I'm passionate about The Middle Ages, so the series appeals to me a lot. I'm liking Lord Meliodas so far. The power levels seem to be pretty amazing so far as well. Lord Meliodas is basically destroying forests with relative ease.

Reaction score
This thread needs a post to get more discussion.

Who are everyone's favorite characters in Nanatsu No Taizai so far?

I'm on Chapter 157 so I'll wait until I catch up in Nanatsu No Taizai to post my favorite characters list, but I do love the main characters a lot. The Sins are mostly bad asses from top to bottom. I'm a little underwhelmed at how out of whack some of the power levels are getting as big differences in terms of power can lead to a lot of one sided match ups, which so far it has between Escanor vs. The Ten Commandments and The Ten Commandments vs. other characters.

The Ten Commandments are a bad ass antagonist group, though. Not yet up there with The Espadas/Akatsuki/Genei Ryodan but better than almost any other Manga/Anime antagonist group IMO.

Reaction score
I bloody love Escanor for the reasons you will soon find out :)