• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest: Sequel to FT

Reaction score
A good chapter for Fairy Tail.

It makes no sense that there are so many high ranking characters that for some reason no other characters have never heard of however it is a fun sequel to Fairy Tail. Seeing different varieties of dragon slayer magics is something that I have been excited to see.

I give that chapter a 7.1/10 (rounding to a 7/10). :p

Reaction score
Pretty good chapter for Fairy Tail.

The introduction of that high of ranking characters doesn?t make a lot of sense because how have so many characters not heard of them? However those characters are awesome so it is entertaining and I like the water dragon God.

I give that chapter a 7.1/10 (rounding to a 7/10). :p

Reaction score
Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest: Chapter 8: The God Dragon's Melancholy

Interesting chapter in that the God Dragon states that he should be sealed....and how he can't control his powers; amongst being the one who killed Elefseria's family. It is a surprised at the end of the chapter the enemy suggested that the God Dragon isn't whom he say he is. An average chapter, I would say.

Reaction score
Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest: Chapter 9: Black or White

This was an interesting chapter as we got to finally see Jellal knowing where Touka is and telling us who she really is. It's going to be interesting to see how Touka is going to play out in this new adventure. We also see Levy holding her stomach! How interesting! Pretty good chapter.

Reaction score
Above average chapter for Fairy Tail.

The idea of a mage being ancient is intriguing and I like the Final Fantasy sort of black mage vs. white mage. That guild of dragon slayers seems cool however a sort of strange confrontation because those characters talked about having to create strategies which is some quick strategizing.

I give that chapter a 6/10. :p

Reaction score
A good chapter for the previous chapter of Fairy Tail.

Abilities scaling in Fairy Tail is hilarious however that action is good. The logiaish qualities of that dragon slayer are intriguing and it should be interesting to see how dragon slayers avoid the disadvantages of ships.

I give that chapter a 6.8/10 (rounding to a 7/10). :p

Forbidden Tale

I am Shane.
Reaction score
Nah, how could there exist whole Dragon Slayer Guild?
Maybe I am forgetting something but weren't Dragon Slayers supposed to be very rare?
And they are actually "Dragon Eaters" who go around and "eat" dragons, who themselfs are supposed to be extinct.

Overall, story so far was pretty good. I like some old idea being brought back and I could understand how those 5 Dragons survived all these years.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the last chapter. I really thought I was going to see a fight between Laxus and Jellal. Hiro seemed to zoomed in on Touka touching Laxus, and I wonder if that will come and bite him later. I am really interested in knowing her true objective and if Jellal is correct in his assessment.

Forbidden Tale

I am Shane.
Reaction score
I enjoyed the last chapter. I really thought I was going to see a fight between Laxus and Jellal. Hiro seemed to zoomed in on Touka touching Laxus, and I wonder if that will come and bite him later. I am really interested in knowing her true objective and if Jellal is correct in his assessment.
I got impression that Laxus is somehow "controled" by White Mage.

I don't see Laxus' character as someone who will blindy follow on something/someone. Didn't he said that Fairy Tail's enemies are his enemies?
Jellal implies that's case with Touka, but he doesn't understand that.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, how could there exist whole Dragon Slayer Guild?
Maybe I am forgetting something but weren't Dragon Slayers supposed to be very rare?
And they are actually "Dragon Eaters" who go around and "eat" dragons, who themselfs are supposed to be extinct.

Overall, story so far was pretty good. I like some old idea being brought back and I could understand how those 5 Dragons survived all these years.
You've got a point; there's a good number of questionable writing decisions in this sequel (the entire guild of dragon eaters being a prime example, although it could've worked better if they ate some dragon related artefacts/remnants and not dragons themselves), but what keeps me interested are the Pentadrakes. That premise is interesting. Touka, in my opinion, she's more annoying than anything else, but since she's connected to the Water Pentadrake, I suppose she's important. I didn't even notice the implication that she controlled Laxus in their confrontation against Jellal.

In the end, I'm still following this story for simple fun, seeing some old characters in action and what happens with the Pentadrakes in the end without being too immersed in the original story continuation.

Last edited: