• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Crack Theories & Ideas. [V.3]

Reaction score
Since I'm in a crazy theory mood Today here's another one:
So there is a theory floating around that Visored Captains Zanpaktou are based around various senses:
1. Rose - Hearing. Quite obvious since his powers are music based and can be nullified by loosing hearing.
2. Kensei - Touch. His Bankai Power is clearly touch-based and based on impact created once Kensei touches his target.
3. Shinji - Smell. Not everyone remembers but Sanakade is activated upon smelling and not seeing the release. Also not confirmed but wouldn't be surprised if his Bankai special ability not to distinguish enemy from allies also bases on smell somehow.
That leaves us with Vision and Taste
Some might argue that Aizen who has a relation to Visored (Not a pleasant one but still) represents Vision but I do believe he is more connected to manipulation of all 5 senses. There is also Tousen but he is more connected to loss of a sense than a sense itself.

Instead for Vision we can somehow connect it to Lisa (who herself became a Captain just by the Manga end) as her attacks are named around reading (to which we use our vision). Her attacks include Senmaioroshi (千枚卸, Thousand-Page Wholesale) and Nijū Ichijō Tonbokudari (二十一条蜻蛉下り, 21st Article: Dragonfly Landing). Also the look of her mask heavily is focuses on the vision part and some of her attacks are so fast an eye cannot catch them.

That leaves us withe last of the Visored Captains being Love. And last of the senses, somehow the most strange one if connected with any kinds of powers being Taste.
There is the common Glutton-like power which appears in various fandoms (including FMA and Seven Deadly Sins, as well as Liltotto in Bleach itself). I wanted to take a bit different approach here, though.
Since many people connect Division 7 with Living-being like Zanpaktou (mainly due to Komamura Bankai) there might be the idea of Love also having a summon-like Zanpaktou. The most obvious creature would be an Oni (to match his Mask and Shikai with the latter being connected to Fire.

To connect it all what if Love does not summon one but four different Oni and transforms himself into a 5th on.

Why 4 (5 with Love)? Well our tongue distinguishes 5 different tastes (until recently there were only 4 confirmed): Salty, Sweet, Sour, Bitter and Umami. I can see each of the Oni to have a bit different focus (one focusing on Strenght, one on Speed, another Defense Based, possibly a Long-ranged one and Love himself focusing on Intellect. To make it more interesting let's say each has a different color (Just imagine 5 different Susanoo from Naruto put together).
The 5-team with different colors and powers is a clear Super Sentai reference a series extremely popular in Japan (Power Rangers is it's Western adaptation) and Love himself is a fan of it. Love, of course, as the Leader would change into a Red one:-D But we would also have a Blue, Green, Yellow and either Black or Pink (would work good with Sweet taste but might be controversial as Pink is treated as a girly color and there was never a Pink male Sentai Ranger in all 44 Sentai Series). Another awesome concept would be for all the Oni to combine into one (a Gattai/Megazord formation, something which was used, for example, in One Piece Thriller Bark Arc as a clear reference).

To further strengthen this theory when Love was using his Shikai special attack: Hifuki no Koduchi he said to Tengomaru: It's gonna be a little hot, but tough it out... I know that the word Hot usually is associated to fire and high temperature but it can also be used to describe a very spicy food which somehow hurts our taste (one hate it while other love it).

Sorry for this very long theory but what do you think about it. Both the Bankai concept as well as the whole idea of connecting Visored Captains and their powers with different senses?

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
After reading CFYOW and learning about Ikomikidomoe and it's origin I started to think about the Sōkyoku which seems extremely powerful and is clearly phoenix-based.

There are 2 Bleach Characters associated with a phoenix in the series (1 Canon and one semi-canon through games):

1. Oetsu Nimaiya -

His palace name is called Hōōden which means Fenghuang Palace. Fenghuang is basically a Japanese version of the Phoenix (Ho-oh was based on it). Also Oetsu is clearly associated with FIre due to bending the Zanpaktou. Fire and Phoenix are clearly connected to Sokyoku who seems to be a strange type of Zanpaktou. This all bring to the idea that the Sokyoku is maybe Oetsu's true Zanpaktou. I believe this theory is quite popular on the Internet.
I'm not familiar with Arthuro Plateado, or at least with details about his character, but your theory that Sokyoku was just like Ikomikidomoe - once a powerful Hollow, now sealed and renamed by Nimaiya and Ichibe'e, is really interesting.

I'm not sure Kubo had exactly that on mind, but there it's not like your theory is baseless. On the contrary, it could very well be true. Was it Kubo or Narita who came up with Ikomikidomoe, I'm not entirely sure since it's been some time since I read the books.

Reaction score
I have these crack theories and I think they could be plausible

Theories on Aizen and Connection to Shihoin
1. Aizen Sousuke is probably related to the Soul King. Since the SK kinda looks like him
2. Aizen's family is somehow related to one of the royal families. Either he is a head family member or one of the branch clans or retainers for said family. The closest one possibly is the Shihoin clan. Since one of the Five Division of the Omnitsukido is the Kido Corp, Aizen must have probably served the Shihoin clan via Kido Corps. And he could have been a Legendary Kido Master. The other four are Tessai, Hachigen, Urahara and Marenoshin Omaeda.
3.It could have been implied in the manga that possibly Yoruichi and Yushiro have siblings also (might be alive or dead through the way Kubo-sensei naming game. I read it in tumblr an analysis on the name of various Bleach characters) . And possibly one of Yoruichi's siblings might head one of the division of the Stealth Force, Aizen could be a vassal or retainer for said sibling.
3. Urahara and Aizen began their rivalry as vassals ever since then. It is also quite possible that Urahara might have enter the Soul Palace together with Yoruichi, while Ura and Yoruichi discovered the demon hot spring but Aizen discovered the death of his brother who become SK.
4. I have also read in reddit that Shinji personally pick Aizen to be his lieutenant is just to keep an eye for him because Shinji is somehow related possibly to Aizen's parents and gravely loathes him for this.
5. Aizen possible had a brother (or a twin I guess) that is equally powerful as he is who was sacrifice as the lynchpin. I think this is the main reason Ichigo said that Aizen was lonely because he became so powerful enough. But the truth just like Tousen, he was also seeking revenge.

Theories on Aizen and Connection to the Shiba Clan
1. I also read somewhere in reddit that possibly Aizen could have a connection with the Shiba clan since the whole moon theme ino their swords. Zangetsu, Engetsu and Kyoka Suigetsu. And the FGT is somehow of a technique passed on to them.
2. If Ichigo and Isshin is of the branch family, there could be might be also a possibly that Aizen's father is Isshin's brother. Who could have used a getsu themed sword and could have teached Isshin FGT. But used this technique as as an act of sacrifice to save others like what Ichigo did.
3. Since it was first implied that KS was a water reflection type and Kaien's zanpakuto is the Nejibana, a water based zanpakuto. If that is the case, there could be a chance they might be related. And didn't I mention in the end of SS arc, Kukaku went in personally to help Yoruichi temporarily hold Aizen.
4. In my crack theory, Aizen's father died without even seeing Aizen being born.
Note: My crack theory on Aizen's bankai since its shikai is complete hypnosis. Its bankai is final hypnosis wherein the victim is under an infinite illusion and the victim will die in the illusion. Kinda based with the Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi and Susano combo attacks on Naruto

Theories on Aizen and Urahara.
1. There is really a theory that Urahara is the head of the fourth noble clan based on his interactions with Tessai, her background with him and Yoruichi, his previous encounters with the RG and vast knowledge about Soul Society. But according also to another theory that I have read, they have change their names to protect their identity.
2. If this is plausible, there connection is that Urahara is the head family and Aizen's family is the branch family. Urahara, Tessai, Yoruichi and Aizen. The vassal of Urahara's clan were Tessai (Usoeda was serving under him) and Aizen. Tessai's family was connected to the Urahara clan through their service to the Kido Corp and later to the Shihoin clan through the Stealth Force. Aizen on the other hand was related to him by blood. Urahara's head clan was later assasinated by Aizen's branch family when the Reoi who was Aizen's brother was sacrificed. They acted upon revenge. At that time her mother in the process. (I also think Kisuke and Shinji might be related by blood possible through their mothers)
3.The head of the branch clan later decided to kill Aizen upon knowing then complete extent of his powers.
4. But Aizen overpowered them all. This was not known to the Shihoin clan. And still treat Aizen as casual As ever. But Urahara knows otherwise.
5. Aizen and Urahara knew SS lies possibly they expose themselves to it. They kinda challenge each other about who will be the better god, the true manifestation of power or the the person who will embodied power. Aizen created the Hogyoku in search of the ultimate being that could end all sacrifices. Urahara created the Hogyoku to create utopia or to reprogram SS, HM, KTown
6. After the ordeal, he left without trace presumed dead and assumed another identity by being a teacher and latter a member of the Gotei 13. It was at that time when he decided to create the Hogyoku. Yep I still ship the possibly that Aizen became all powerful and created Hogyoku out of revenge thus his sword was lonely.
7.To continue with the flow of the matter, Shinji could have chosen Aizen to be his VC not only to keep an eye on him but also to take revenge of his fallen sister.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Origin of the Kido Corp and Omnitsukido
Before the formation of The Gotei 13 or even the use of Ken, the greatest, strongest warriors uses Kido. But with the eminence of Genryusai Yamamoto and Yachiru Unohana, they were forgotten in history. However they were of great help in the First Quincy War and because of this the known Kido users where adopted by the Shihoin.
Tessai's family is the said clan who helped the Gotei 13 defeat the Quincy. His vassal is Hachigen. However it is unknown to them that Genryusai failed to kill Yhwach.
After the war, Tessai became the head of the Kido Corp.

Also the head of the KC is affiliated with one of the noble family. Like his/her retainer. If Urahara IS INDEED the mysterious fifth noble clan leader, there is that possibility that Urahara's family was assasinated. They were forced to change their names and live under the Shihoin. Because of the affiliation of the Urahara to KC and Executive Militia to the Shihoin, the Omnitsukido was formed.

Crack Theory: Hinamori, Ayesagawa, Omaeda, Kotetsu and Yamada were possible successor of previous great Kido users in the first war of Hollows.

Omnitsukido Formation and the Mysterious Fourth Division
The Omnitsukido's true purpose is to be the Shihoin clan executive branch if ever the true nature of the Soul King will be found out.
The Shihoin clan is the most famous noble clan so that so many noble clans where either at friendly terms or at war with them. However it was all different to the Feng Clan. They were the most loyal subjects of the Shihoin clan. This happened when the Shihoin head saved the Feng head at the hands of those who hate them.
With regards to the branches, let me elaborate
1. As stated in the databook, the known division of the the Omnitsukido are the ff
1st Executive Militia
2nd Patrol Division
3rd Confinement Division
4th Unknown
5th Kido Corp

I think the 4th Division is kinda like the counterpart for Root Division. They do the dirtiest job for the Omnitsukido. Probably Sui Feng's brothers where with it. Similarly to the training of Sai in Naruto Shippuden, they were trained to be emotionless in battle to the extent of killing their own comrade just to make the mission successful

One of the highly classified mission of the 4th division is to keep guard of the identity of Reio. The 4GNF will offer a lynchpin as a sacrifice to prolong the life of the existing SK. They were not told about the real purpose of their mission. Since the Omnitsukido was unified with the Gotei 13, the other department of the force were under Gotei 13. However this 4th division is directly under the great noble family and does every dirty job for them. Mostly the Tsuyanashiro clan.

Since every noble family has to bring a tribute, every clan must chose to bring in their best, most powerful or most loyal vessel. For Urahara Aizen. For the Shiba, Ichigo or Gunjou. For Tokinada Hikune and for the Shihoin the Feng Clan.

The 4th Division family defected and became rogue after knowing of the true nature of the SK.

The Shihoin Clan
I have a headcanon that Yoruichi and Yushiro had other siblings. It makes sense that their surname means four maple leaf institution and because of the name game. But I also read somewhere that if indeed Urahara and Tessai were adapted, they also make the theme. Also the four great techniques in for the Shinigami are Kenjutsu, Hoho, Kido and Hakuda. Meaning each sibling is a guardian of a sacred tool for said technique. If there are four main members of the Shihoin main tree, they were affiliated to a certain lower branch family tree (plausible if Urahara and Aizen were related they could be) or a lesser noble clan (like the Feng and Omaeda)

So if that's the case then

Scenario 1 (Yoruichi have brothers)
Shihoin Yoruichi-Y2-Y3-Yushiro
Vassal Clan Feng-Omaeda-Urahara-Tessai

Scenario 2 (If Urahara was adopted by the Shihoin)
Shihoin Yoruichi, Yushiro
Urahara, Tessai
Vassal Clan
Feng, Omaeda, Aizen, Hachigen

Scenario 3 (if Urahara was noble clan)
Shihoin Yoruichi-Y2-Y3-Yushiro
Feng-Omaeda
Then I think the other clan affiliated to the are Rose and Komamura.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Original Sin and The Noble Clan
In the CFYOW series, the original sin is something that the 5GNF did against the SK. I think in someway or another the SK cursed the ancestors.
The beast realm was given access to the Shihoin clan as both a punishment and a reward. The Komamura obtain the curse because of their desire to kill the Shihoin head to obtain complete authority of the beast realm.
The Shiba has this curse that every male firstborn will die as a tribute to him.

The Founding Members of the Gotei 13
Yamamoto
Ichibei
Unohana
Komamura
Shihoin
Kuchiki
Shiba
(Fifth noble clan member)
(Sentaro's ancestor)
(Iba's ancestor)
(Kotetsu's ancestor)
(Shinji's ancestor)
(Kensei or Love's ancestor)

Reaction score
Sui Feng
Sui Feng's name is an alias. Her true name is Feng Shaolin. I think the codename Sui Feng is given to the strongest assassin in Soul Society. Or maybe the greatest Taijutsu/hakuda user in Soul Society.

Two of her brothers died in a mission commissioned by the Tsuyanashiro clan. It could be a mission regarding the Reoi. Tokinada was the mastermind in this suicide mission and he did not ask permission from the Shihoin about it. Upon knowing the true nature of the mission, her brothers killed themselves in order to protect the name of the Shihoin clan.

The next two brothers of Sui Feng died in a mission protecting the next heir of the Shihoin clan when their branch family revolted on the idea of Yoruichi being the head of the clan. Probably Urahara, Aizen and Tessai was on this mission too and protected the princess during this time. Also another headcanon, Urahara possibly save Sui Feng in this incident.

The last among her brothers died while trying to locate Ashido. Her brother got killed by the hollow Ggio Vega. That's when she activated her Shikai.

Yoruichi promoted Sui Feng to keep an eye on her while she progress. Then there's the whole admiring stuff. Actually I think Sui Feng has unrequited love for Yoruichi and regressed her feelings towards her master. Yoruichi however is more in love with Urahara and is engaged to be married to him. Hachigen trained Sui Feng in Kido and is somehow close to her and her family.

Then the whole Hyogyoko incident happened. She was depressed. Before Tokinada was imprisoned for the death of his wife, he instigated another rebellion within both the Shihoin and the Feng clan. For the Shihoin clan to be banished as a great clan or the young Yushiro will be the head. For the Feng clan, the rough branch clan claiming rights as head since the next heir is a women. Of course the Feng coup failed because of the Gotei 13 interference. Also, she also saved Yushiro from death via the hands of his own clan.

Marenoshin Omaeda trained Sui Feng to obtain Bankai and promised Yamamoto that before his retirement, she will have Bankai. Upon achieving Bankai and becoming the 2nd Squad Captain, the Shihoin clan offered her the Omnitsukido Corps Commander position which she accepted.

Crack theory. Yoruichi may have been sneaking into SS as a cat. She often visits Kukaku in Rukongai and collects intel from her. Maybe Kaien informed Kukaku about Sui Feng achieving Bankai and she informed Yoruichi about it. To confirm, she disguises as a cat and investigates. Yoruichi did saw Sui Feng's bankai in action while in cat form and reported it to Urahara.
(Hachigen may have later learned this info through Urahara maybe before the Winter War. And Hachi decides if given a chance he will help her)

Sui Feng lost her arm in the Winter War and lost her arm in the process. The technology of the SS help. Probably Mayuri did reconstruction on her arm which uses the same formula he have when he modifies his body. Losing her arm to Barragan helped Sui Feng to be more open (a little bit) to people.
Note: Mayuri and Sui Feng became friends because of their common disdain for Urahara. Mayuri probably first met Sui Feng probably before Mayuri was imprisoned in the Maggots Nest)

During the Bankai Theft, she decided to train alone in the Human Worlds to complete her shunko. That is when Yoruichi gave her the arm band that she wear during her fight with BG9. I think also Sui Feng might have trained primarily Orihime and Chad, possibly met Tatsuki, Keigo and Mizuno before going back to SS.

I came up with this crack theory about Sui Feng upon reading the Honey Dish Rhapsody. I believe Kubo-sensei have a thumbs up with this novel so it's canon. There is a scene there that she opened up to her mentor about her insecurities in leading the Omnitsukido.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also have a theory about Aizen's Bankai.
1. The first thing I noticed is the suffix used in the names of Isshin, Ichigo and Aizen.. It is the word -getsu
Tensa Zangetsu.
Engetsu.
Kyoka Suigetsu.
As I as I know both Zangetsu and Engetsu uses Getsuga Tenshou as main attacks and Mugetsu/Final Getsuga Tenshou as an ultimate attack. Both of these attacks are direct contact type or melee type. However Kyoka Suigetsu is an illusion type zanpakuto which performs completele hypnosis on its targets. I think these attacks are related to each with the phases of the moon analogy. New moon (When Aizen is describing the faux ability of his zanpakuto) Half Moon (Getsuga Tenshou) and Full Moon (Mugetsu). If the illusion meets the real thing it will be complete destruction

If its that the case, she

2. I will wildly guess that Aizen's bankai is some kind of amalgamation
of Tsukishima's fullbringer and the Infinite Tsukiyomi in Naruto. Aizen's bankai has the power to transport people and memories in the past as well as complete control not only the victim's thoughts

Yoruichi's Zanpakuto
Based on Tokinada and Yoruichi's conversation in CFYOW, I believe that Yoruichi does have a powerful zanpakuto however she does not use it because she prefers hakura more. If that would be the case, maybe..
1. She has a generational zanpakuto like the Kuchiki's Muramasa
2. She has a zanpakuto that contradicts her fighting style.
3. The zanpakuto techniques that she has fatal implications if she uses it (like in Kyoraku's case) that's why it is banned.
4. Her zanpakuto had been modified
I also like to make certain analysis that the BBS game is giving us clues; if that would be enough rationalization, there is one sidestory that her charactera has round blades that looks like boomerangs. And in the other sidestory her character uses a scythe.
As for her bankai, an intelligent guess is that it has some sort of connection with the cycle of rebirth or something.

Reaction score
This is indeed very interesting, Polgarena!

To me it looked like some kind of cosplay. The Vollstaendig halos seem to be made of wire and attached to their heads. It doesn't look real.

Also, I don't think it fits into the overall story of Bleach. If the Kurosaki sisters would have had discovered Quincy powers from early on, their role would have been different.

I think Tite Kubo was playing with us. :)

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
To me it looked like some kind of cosplay.
That was the point, I think that not even the original poster thought of this as a serious indication that Ichigo's sisters unlocked Quincy powers. It was so funny that I had to share it here. :)

On a related note, I've read at least one other work of fiction with the "first come first served" rule with the oldest sibling inheriting the most or all the power/abilities, so I wasn't surprised that the same thing happened to Ichigo.

At least Karin showed more spiritual awareness. There's hope that the two of them train to achieve at least the basics of power in order to defend themselves from Hollows and other supernatural threats.