• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Burn the Witch (General Manga Info)

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Pff I saw it scrolling on Twitter a few days ago, I don’t even remember xD

It sold (when in position 69th I think it was) 13k. And in this first week of Nov, and probably second week, will sell about 6-7k (this is just my assumption and some people talking on Mangahelpers) which will let it end up selling about 225-230k by the end of the year.

I hope Season 2 comes back in January or February, before the hype goes away...
Alright, thanks!

Monthly Oricon sales list has been released: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...-discussion-and-toc-talk.3015155/post-5385745
Monthly Sales - October
Sales by Series
Kimetsu no Yaiba - 11,571,206
Jujutsu Kaisen - 1,828,455
The Promised Neverland - 1,003,558
Haikyuu! - 413,655
One Piece - 309,137
Spy x Family - 289,997
My Hero Academia - 271,120
Black Clover - 224,328
#16 Burn the Witch - 211,810
Chainsaw Man - 157,031
So, it has sold 211,810 in the first 4 weeks, which is still very good in my opinion (especially considering how skewed the sales in general are with the "Kimetsu no Kaisen" walls and backlogs).

Reaction score
Alright, thanks!

Monthly Oricon sales list has been released: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...-discussion-and-toc-talk.3015155/post-5385745

So, it has sold 211,810 in the first 4 weeks, which is still very good in my opinion (especially considering how skewed the sales in general are with the "Kimetsu no Kaisen" walls and backlogs).
Yes, have into consideration that it’s 28 days, and first week of Nov. is not included. By the end of the month it will end up at 220 or something like that and it’s amazing

Reaction score
Kubo made the interview in Natalie Comic and he mentioned that "Coming Soon" at the end of Season 1 isn't really that soon (the editor just put that without telling Kubo). So, Season 2 may going to start much later than everyone expects.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Kubo made the interview in Natalie Comic and he mentioned that "Coming Soon" at the end of Season 1 isn't really that soon (the editor just put that without telling Kubo). So, Season 2 may going to start much later than everyone expects.
I've just read it here. Honestly, it sounds like a scenario from Gintama where Kubo just wants to enjoy his time and draw for fun, while the editor schemed the "Season 2 Coming Soon" thingamajig in hopes to build Kubo's motivation, but Kubo pulled a veteran pro-move and was like: "Yeah, lol, nope. Imma do my thing."

Seriously now, I still hope that the 2nd season arrives closer to the 6 months from the 1st one rather than that it comes closer to its 1st anniversary (or even worse, after that). But, those are just my hopes. Kubo may take all the time he needs, he's the one who controls this project. We know the hardships he's been through, so it's better he takes his time and delivers rather than rushing to meet some deadlines.

Reaction score
We should also keep in mind that the Bleach anime will return next year. I would like to believe that Tite Kubo is involved with it and in that case, this project will also need time and effort. The last arc was cut in the manga and the anime will offer the opportunity to fill in gaps and expand it.

The "soon" remark in connection with more Burn the Witch made me wonder from the beginning. It is an advertising tool also to get fans to keep following what Shounen Jump is offering right now.

Reaction score
It is an advertising tool also to get fans to keep following what Shounen Jump is offering right now.
I don't think it is for advertising tool since the readers aren't really going to buy every single Jump issue until the Season 2 annouoncement going to make.

Reaction score
I agree, actually in my view gonna hurt the series. We could say hxh didnt suffer much inconvenients in sales but that happened when already is a settle series, not btw case is doing baby steps.

But, the most impressive one is Spy x Family. Volume 1 already sold more than 1 million copies despite of not having any anime yet.
Ok but at least in first 10 weeks sold 232k, which are less than btw 8 weeks (236k).
I am not implying it Will reach 1m but its undeniable good Numbers in such short time. Even take account the anime would say this type of adaptation is the worse for pushing sales

Reaction score
Ok but at least in first 10 weeks sold 232k, which are less than btw 8 weeks (236k).
However, you forgot that Endou (SxF's author) is not well known author as compared to Kubo (the starting ground is very different between the two), and of course SxF doesn't have any anime when volume 1 is released. So, unknown author's work selling as much as well known author's new work is very impressive.

I am not implying it Will reach 1m but its undeniable good Numbers in such short time. Even take account the anime would say this type of adaptation is the worse for pushing sales
I never said it is bad numbers. You asked the series which did better and I answered your question.

Reaction score
True, and it is in fact far more impressive. What I meant and ask before which series did better in same timespan. At the moment Btw is doing better than well known sxf, which its just a question of time. The reason? Btw probably gonna loose the momentum due the hiatus. Jump should know this and i wonder how they gonna act