• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Burn the Witch (General Manga Info)

Reaction score
It was holding on nicely on the Shoseki daily estimations and it only dropped to the 29th place yesterday or two days ago.
Because of that, I think it is too early to judge BtW is getting boost. You can see that Jujutsu Kaisen (the series which clearly getting a boost) able to maintain top 3 spot while BtW has big drop.

Of course this drop maybe cause of BtW not getting enough prints, so if its reprints able to put BtW into top 50 spot again, then it is safe to say that it is having a boost.

Reaction score
It´s important to note that btw anime shouldn´t be able to have the same effects as others anime since it´s just mid film/mini series

Reaction score
It´s important to note that btw anime shouldn´t be able to have the same effects as others anime since it´s just mid film/mini series
It's also important to note to assume that sale has boost inlcuded or not (unless people are expecting way more less sales).

Also, people should remeber that not just BtW getting reprints.

Reaction score
BtW's second week sale is 68,810; thus, it's total sale is 154,876. I think it would be difficult for BtW to reach 200k mark while in Oricon top 50.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, people should remeber that not just BtW getting reprints.
Said reprints are due to arrive on 29th October. Since there's 2 weeks until then, this will be a test of some sorts when it comes to the readership's interest in the manga. [edit: The reprints information is referring to Burn the Witch.]

BtW's second week sale is 68,810; thus, it's total sale is 154,876. I think it would be difficult for BtW to reach 200k mark while in Oricon top 50.
Good sales! That amount was mentioned earlier in the thread, so it may be Burn the Witch's plateau. I would say that's more than acceptable and nice. Can it even sell up to 200 thousand copies as a mini-series of only 4 chapters with an upcoming 2nd season without a known release date. So many weekly series struggle to reach these numbers, and even if we take into account that Kubo's name contributed to these numbers, they're still quite good for a novel series.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Said reprints are due to arrive on 29th October. Since there's 2 weeks until then, this will be a test of some sorts when it comes to the readership's interest in the manga.
I'm not sure why you put different answer for that quote.

Good sales! That amount was mentioned earlier in the thread, so it may be Burn the Witch's plateau. I would say that's more than acceptable and nice. Can it even sell up to 200 thousand copies as a mini-series of only 4 chapters with an upcoming 2nd season with a still unknown release date. So many weekly series struggle to reach these numbers, and even if we take into account that Kubo's name contributed to these numbers, they're still quite good for a novel series.
It is a good number, but it isn't really high as my maximum expectation (like there was perfect example for BtW and that series sold more than BtW).

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you put different answer for that quote.

It is a good number, but it isn't really high as my maximum expectation (like there was perfect example for BtW and that series sold more than BtW).
Could you elaborate on the first part? What different answer are your referring to?

You mentioned reprints (and that BTW is not the only series receiving them). I elaborated on that info by saying that BTW's reprints are arriving two weeks from today. If we assume that the first print is sold out already, then there will be a 2-week break before BTW starts selling again. And if it does start selling again with good numbers, then the people's interest wasn't affected by that 2-week break.

So you had higher expectations. The number I originally had on mind was around 80 thousand, but once the 150k number got mentioned, I thought that it might really reach those numbers.

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the first part? What different answer are your referring to?

You mentioned reprints (and that BTW is not the only series receiving them). I elaborated on that info by saying that BTW's reprints are arriving two weeks from today. If we assume that the first print is sold out already, then there will be a 2-week break before BTW starts selling again. And if it does start selling again with good numbers, then the people's interest wasn't affected by that 2-week break.
Well, you replied my quote on other series also got reprint (not just BtW). But, you replied as the reprinting date. So, I wasn't sure what you tried argue on that part.

So you had higher expectations. The number I originally had on mind was around 80 thousand, but once the 150k number got mentioned, I thought that it might really reach those numbers.
Well, my maximum expectation would be sold around 200k before getting out top 50 (140k was my least expectation). My expectation was higher since there was another series which has very similar situation as BtW.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
This Week's Jump Comic Sales:
44. Burn the Witch #1 (29,265 / 184,141)
It has managed to rank on Oricon for the 3rd week after-all. I didn't think it would considering that the Jujutsu Kaisen backlog joined the now standard Kimetsu no Yaiba backlog and basically only the luckiest titles get to rank on these weekly lists. If this keeps up, it doesn't look likely that it'll rank for the 4th consecutive week without at least 25000 copies sold.

Reaction score
It has managed to rank on Oricon for the 3rd week after-all. I didn't think it would considering that the Jujutsu Kaisen backlog joined the now standard Kimetsu no Yaiba backlog and basically only the luckiest titles get to rank on these weekly lists. If this keeps up, it doesn't look likely that it'll rank for the 4th consecutive week without at least 25000 copies sold.
After 18th, BtW is ranking below top 50 in Shoseki. So, I doubt BtW going to make the ranking on next week.