• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Burn the Witch (General Manga Info)

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
Do you people think that volume 1 will see backlog sales once volume 2 comes out? If so, would another 10 thousand copies sold be reasonable?
Definitely. I dare say the one shot for BtW benefitted from the this recent 4-chapter mini-arc and both of these, as well as future releases, will piggyback off of one another and create a sustainable wave-like pattern in sales if the release schedule is given room to breathe without letting it get as lax as it is now. Even if they were released exclusively in tankobon then it'd generate more sales as time passed, more material was released and more promotional/marketing schemes are put in place. It's just a matter of time and exposure. People like collecting things so if it starts becoming a multi-book set then the appeal will increase for people outside the immediate sphere and it can generate even more sales that way.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all, I've just stumbled upon this online store that looks like it has been opened especially for Burn the Witch goodies the same day the anime was released.

It's called Whiskrs and I wonder if Kubo designed the logo:

As I'm writing this, everything is sold out: the muffler with the Pipers pattern, the "CANINE" hoodie and T-shirt, the SSWB crest T-shirtbas well as "the key" which is the coin Noel and Ninny used to travel to Reverse London. I'm too lazy to look for the images right now, haha, but whoever is interested will surely find their way to the official site through the Twitter link below.

These patches were designed by Kubo: https://twitter.com/whiskrs_tyo/status/1332855054324273152?s=20

Judging by their Twitter feed, they're in the process of restocking the goodies.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
There was a poem in the volume book, what did it say?
There's indeed a poem, though I don't remember reading the translation anywhere.

Here's the picture from volume 1:
Burn the Witch Volume 1 Poem.png

Reaction score
I asked scheneizel from reddit to translate it and she kindly did so, credit to her:

'What you wish to see is the former enemy as a foundation stone;

What you wish to love is the enemy as it is;

What you shouldn't pretend to see;

Is the wavering between the two.'

She says that she thinks the poem is about Macy, rather, the first line is about the west branch of the Soul Society who view the ancient Marchens as their primary enemy. The second line is definitely about Macy. The last two lines are about Noel and Ninny who think fairy tales are nonsense.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you very much, both you @SandLeaf and @scheneizel. If I'm not wrong, the poem tells us how today's enemies may be tomorrow's friends/lovers, how allegiances are not set in stone and how the line between friends and foes is thin. :headscratch

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
The special Burn the Witch store has opened in Shibuya and it has awesome goodies. It will be open until 31 December. I love that long-sleeved shirt!!!

https://twitter.com/tite_official/status/1340964711882354689
渋谷パルコ6F Tokyo Otaku Modeにて、BTWポップアップストアがオープンしてます!カジュアルに日常使いできるアイテム多数展開中。 開催期間は2020年12月31日(木)までとなります!お近くの方は是非に!〈担当〉