• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Burn the Witch Film News

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
The latest Issue of Weekly Shonen Jump has reported that the Burn the Witch animation will be released on 02nd October, 2020.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Asashi101/status/1296334359335546882

Anyone willing to translate the text? DewDrop97 from Reddit said this: "A special edition with some different scenes will be released on Amazon Video and Hikari TV on the same day".

The key visual was released as well: https://twitter.com/asashi101/status/1296299901773426689?s=21

Earlier, a teaser was shared:

Reaction score
Anyone willing to translate the text?
This new series will be animated soon!
Experience the story of "BURN THE WITCH" on a big screen!
Theatrical release and worldwide distribution on October 2, 2020!

"BURN THE WITCH" gets a serialization and an anime at the same time! Fans will have two weeks to experience this must-watch anime in theaters starting October 2nd. In addition, a special edition that is slightly different from the theatrical release will be distributed worldwide on the same day! In Japan it will be available on Amazon Prime Video and Hikari TV. See the official website for details!

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you very much Zheneq! So, the animation will have a limited theatrical release (just 2 weeks) before it moves to streaming services. This may mean that they counted on the streaming services as the main profit sources from the beginning.

I wonder if they'll be open to expand the story and do more films, should this film be successful (we'll see if that will actually happen).

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
That's a fun preview; thanks for sharing it Vizard KNIGHT! Reverse London looks really nice.

Reaction score
So for World wide distribution, it is crunch roll. I wish muse asia got the deal as well, they would have streamed it on YouTube with ads.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
So for World wide distribution, it is crunch roll. I wish muse asia got the deal as well, they would have streamed it on YouTube with ads.
Yes, Crunchyroll posted the announcement itself: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...ch-anime-soaring-onto-crunchyroll-october-2nd

From what I read elsewhere (can't find the link now), it will be divided in 3 episodes.

Also, I'm sure many people noticed that the latest preview only featured scenes from the first manga chapter.

Reaction score
As far as I've understood it, the theatrical release window will last 2 weeks in Japan, the 3 part series we're getting will have some expanded scenes so I would guess it will be longer that the theatrical cut.

Reaction score
Is there a chance for it to become a seasonal anime?

Reaction score
Since the moment they announced as mid length film made me worried. I wonder what they thinking... If was just a SIDE story i would understand but a new IP?!