• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Burn the witch animation is coming

Reaction score
I'm just going to wait until new Jump issue comes out (assuming that leak is came from Jump).

Reaction score
No reliable source, no picture to confirm it, no official announcement. We only have twits from people who in the past have laughed at Bleach fanatics by posting fake anime ads, people who post baits so people will get excited and then say they didn’t say anything about Bleach.

I really hate this. I just hope this time it’s true.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just going to wait until new Jump issue comes out (assuming that leak is came from Jump).
I say we should all wait until Jump comes out, until a reliable source shares the news and by reliable I mean WSJ/Shuheisha itself. I ask the people here not to have too high hopes.

Many people have fallen into the trap of believing those who spread misinformation (trolls, click-baiters and such) far too many times by now that it is simply the best to wait for an official source to speak up and share the news.

The only reason I'm not 100% sure this is fake is because I can't see what the point would be in making a fake announcement for a Burn the Witch OVA. If the person behind it wanted to troll the fans, [...]
It's not my intention to further widen this discussion, so I'll just say that there is rather big number of people who expressed their wishes to see Burn the Witch receive a proper manga serialization. That's at least, from what I briefly saw on several online platforms over the months since Burn the Witch appeared in WSJ.

Reaction score
Still no legit source lmfaooo won't believe it until then.

Really don;t see any reason for anyone to animate Burn the witch.

Reaction score
We won't hear anything from an official source soon. If it's true then we'll hear around or during the spring time.

I think it's better to lock the thread for now.

Reaction score
OK, I lock the thread for now.

If a confirmation comes up in the Shonen Jump thread, I will re-open it - or Polgarena.

Reaction score
The Burn the Witch anime is also part of Bleach and therefore it should be discussed here in Bleach anime. Therefore I am adapting this thread. I changed the title from "Burn the Witch OVA is coming" to "Burn the Witch animation is coming".

Reaction score
I feel like Burn the Witch is half promotion for Bleach's anime return and half Jump trying to find another new series. It does feel like there are a few holes that have yet to be filled since a few other series have ended or gone on long hiatuses. Kimetsu no Yaiba will end soon too. I assume Burn the Witch won't be that long but if it ends up really popular they might want to keep it going in some capacity. We'll see how it does but I'm going to approach Burn the Witch like its supposed to be a wacky comedy adventure more so than an action adventure. I could end up being wrong about that but that's the impression the one-shot gave me.

Reaction score
KInda. After all these years I understood what it´s needed for a anime sequel to happen a manga have to be published. So after the end of manga I thought there is no way the anime continue at least as same segment. So since a anime is nothing more than a way to promote the work of mangaka, what about Kubo publish a new series in order they could animate final saga? Seems like what happened even Btw being a total new thing still is related to the bleachverse(still trying to undertand how) so as spin off still counts. Being so that´s why kubo said btw serialization wasn´t initially part of his plans (just a hobby to show his friends and family) but the editor convince him to turn public.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like Burn the Witch is half promotion for Bleach's anime return and half Jump trying to find another new series.
The situation with BtW reminds me of The COMIQ, a short series by the author of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kazuki Takahashi (from last year or the year before, I believe). It may be Jump's new policy to have mangaka with previous successful and long-running titles return to the main magazine(s). It helps the magazine because it keeps publishing works from established authors and it also doesn't over-stress and overwork the mangaka.

I think I would like to see Kubo return with a 2-3 long stories every couple of years (with one-shots in between) than have him overworked and fatigued.

Some key visual and preview screenshots: https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1241071941701849090