• Animation of Kubo Tite's "Burn the Witch" has been released. Join the Burn the Witch Anime Discussion thread to share your thoughts, critiques and impressions on the episodes!

Burn the witch animation is coming

Deathking

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Saw on on reddit. Hurray. Hopefully they animate TTBW.

Reaction score
I hope it's successful. It might be a test to see how interested people still is (in japan) about bleach.

Deathking

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Maybe it is a gateway to Burn The Witch manga.

Deathking

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
A Twitter screenshot on reddit. It's basically confirmed.

Reaction score
I understand everyone is really hoping for it to be true, but how is it seriously that easy to buy into it? Where are the legitimate sources?

I can't find anything about that Twitter account that gives me a reason to believe them. And who else is there to support that claim? One person who has consistently made jokes in the past to trick fans, and what, a guy who is consistently wrong and spends more of his time insulting his skeptics as if they aren't "true" Bleach fans?

It's the same, typical routine that pops up every few months. If there was a revival of the anime or even some suggestions of a spin-off or OVA, the news on this would be a lot bigger.

Reaction score
I understand everyone is really hoping for it to be true, but how is it seriously that easy to buy into it? Where are the legitimate sources?

I can't find anything about that Twitter account that gives me a reason to believe them. And who else is there to support that claim? One person who has consistently made jokes in the past to trick fans, and what, a guy who is consistently wrong and spends more of his time insulting his skeptics as if they aren't "true" Bleach fans?

It's the same, typical routine that pops up every few months. If there was a revival of the anime or even some suggestions of a spin-off or OVA, the news on this would be a lot bigger.
That's what I'd like to know too. I saw the account that the screenshot supposedly came from, and nothing about it really screams legitimate to me. If it really were true, then wouldn't it be Shueisha or someone else like that that makes the announcement and not some entity we've never heard of before? The only reason I'm not 100% sure this is fake is because I can't see what the point would be in making a fake announcement for a Burn the Witch OVA. If the person behind it wanted to troll the fans, then wouldn't it make more sense for them to post a fake Bleach anime announcement instead, since that's what fans will probably want to hear? That's likely to draw more attention and piss off more people then an announcement for an OVA to some random one-shot that most causal Bleach fans probably don't even know exists.

Then again, it might specifically because of this fact that they choose to make it a fake Burn the Witch announcement instead, because it will be less obvious that it's fake, as people will be more likely to doubt and question the motive behind it and think it might actually be real, whereas they've already cried wolf far too many times with fake Bleach anime announcements that people will be a lot more skeptical of it if they make another one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i prefer Burn the witch ova
that a bleach anime continuation

Reaction score
Difference this time it's also said by leakers I have been following for years and have never been wrong before.

It has a very high chance of being true. Not sure about the spring date though.

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of Burn the Witch but if this news is true, I welcome it.